The National Conference on Nutritional Management in Organ Failure and Transplantaion seeks to promote scientific excellence and inquiry, encourage individual and collective action, foster multi-sectoral dialogue and constructive debate, and reinforce accountability amongst all stakeholders. Sessions will focus on the latest issues in organ failure and transplantation, policy and practice and will also seek to share key research findings, lessons learned, best practices, as well as identify gaps in knowledge. The conference will feature abstract-driven sessions, a daily plenary session, a variety of symposia sessions, professional development workshops, and independently organized satellite meetings.
The Programme Committee is an national wide committee of experts with international advisory board members and professionals with exceptional experience in their respective fields. These individuals will work together to construct a balanced and representative conference programme.
This webpage will be updated regularly and reflect advances in the conference programme.
Conference Timings: 10.00 AM to 4.30 PM
Paper Presentations: 11.45 AM – 1.30 PM
Workshop on “Planning nutrition intervention for transplant patients”
Timings: 2.00 PM – 4.30 PM
About Workshop: The aims of IAPEN and its collaborating organizaions like ESPEN, NESPEN and other sister PEN Societies are to encourage the rapid diffusion of knowledge and its application in the field of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition or, more broadly, Clinical
Nutrition and Metabolism in hospital settings. The IAPEN Lifelong Learning Initiative provides stimulating, congenial, and varied opportunities designed specifically for lifelong learners in advanced clinical nutrition research. In order to promote lifelong learning in basic and advanced clinical nutrition and to facilitate the academic pursuits of more number of clinical nutritionists, doctors, dieticians from the educational institutions, hospitals and health care settings, The Indian Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (IAPEN) annouces various distance learning/online courses.
The present workshop is a part of Advanced Training on Clinical Nutrition and is based on the module “Nutritional management in multi organ failure and transplantation – Module by IAPEN”.
Learning Objectives of the Workshop
- To understand the nutrient requirements of patients with organ failure
- To understand the limitations of pre transplant nutrition support in improving post transplant status
- To know the clinical impact of immunonutrition in post transplant patients
- To learn provision of nutrition support in patients with complex clinical conditions
- To be able to calculate nutrient needs and formulate nutrition care recommendations/goals
- Overview of disease leading to end stage organ failure (kidney and liver failure)
- Multi-facets of malnutrition in adult patients with organ failure
- Pre, acute post transplant and Post transplant nutritional management
– Bone Marrow Transplantation
– Kidney Transplantation
– Liver Transplantation
– Nutrition Assessment
– Nutrition interventions
- Route, method and form of nutrition delivery
- Overcoming nutrition delivery barriers
- Monitoring adequacy of nutrition support
- Transplantation- Nutrition mediated and related complications
- Transplantation and Immune nutrition, Food safety etc